Follow me as I struggle with rogue technology, insane programmers, and impossible math questions in a battle to the death.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

MySql Installation Problem and resolution

A lot of times I've encountered this problem installing MySQL.

When it goes to turn on the service at the end of the installation process, the software firewall stops it from starting the service. When this happens, the security is not applied. Then, I try to run the installation again, and when I get to the point where I'm setting the password, there are 3 password fields instead of 2. Since the the security settings were never applied, there is no password for the first field! But usually I end up trying to put a password in that field, and as a result MySQL fails when it tries to apply security settings.

So, leave that field blank.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home